Re: Value of Online Info

>Hi Mark:
>
>I just signed on the Omega list so I can't comment on the past.  But I will
say
>mailing list are key for trading information.  What seems like a million
>books/seminars for sale,  all saying the same thing basically, buy my
system
>you wont need anything else or come to my seminar and learn to be rich.
Only
>to find out you spent thousands for the seminar, plus thousands trading it
and
>come to find out your about $10k in the hole.  So communication between
traders
>is key for learning and your pocket.
>
>Joe Frabosilio

I think maybe we should have a buyer beware web site for those newbies that
are being born once a minute. I have seen some very damaging evidence here
and on some other list concerning various so called guru's.  I believe some
others have tried in the past.  But I dont think any of the services are as
good at telling it like it is than the clients that have lost their hard
earned money could tell.  I believe the truth is more likely to come
directly from clients than anyone else, I still cant believe the claims that
some of these guys are making!  I have such a hard time knowing where I'm
at, where I've been, what I make and then I see these advertisements.  It
makes me wonder if everyone has stolen my code and improved it to the point
that there using it as a weapon against me.  Man must have been the Trojan
horse virus on my ftp site or something.  I know this, if those guys worked
as hard as I did, and lost what I lost.  Just get to a level that I can say
I'm making it ok trading.  Then to sell the thing for the public to use
against me.  I saw this happen with one of the very few commercial trading
systems I have ever seen make money.  Now its blown apart and useless.  Yes
the more " definitely " not the merrier in the case of a trading system that
uses stop orders.  In fact I created a system just to fade it and did so for
two years with great success.  It financed me way down the road, I like
commercial systems for that use.  But beware you must make sure that they
have a big following.  My broker calls and tells me my bond position should
benefit from this guys hotline advise. We know where they are, the floor
knows where they are. I have a rule the longer that the orders set there and
dont get filled the bigger I increase my order ahead of them. That is only
if my system has me going that way already.  I dont do this often but when
the market stalls and runs right up to the stop orders but doesn't hit them
and then backs off I know its going to be hell to pay for those guys that
have these stops in place.  I go ahead and enter the add on trade at a lower
price and then I place a profit target stop and wait to see how much
positive slippage I get.  Its wonderful, gotta love these guys and the floor
brokers.  If you can figure out a way to have slippage work for you instead
of against you then life will be less stressful.

Mark Brown