Re: Value of Online Info

>Mark:
>To my amazement, he makes a decent living off of networking and a ten
period moving average. It didn't take too long for me to get it -- I don't
have his network and I'm not going to get very far as a trader with a ten
period moving average.

I worked for a guy that was like that.  He did such a business that he got
all the good info early.  The stock brokers knew if they had some inside
info and they passed it along then he would act on it in a big way and they
would get the commissions.  The double edge sword is that they had to have
good accurate info else they would loose him as a client.  You know the ole
boy who cried wolf thing.  Like I have said before I believe there are many
successful ways to beat the odds.

>I've also read well over a hundred books on trading. Most, with some
notable exceptions, were not worth much.

Me, too!  But I have found several very helpful.

>The tools I use everyday in my trading are all a result of this list's
contributors making me think.

Yes, no books I have ever read can compare to the rich knowledge base of
fine folks I have had the pleasure to knock heads with here.

I wonder sometimes if the very usage of a media like this online trading
info, isn't somehow self leveling.  That is to say the crap settles down and
the good stuff floats to the top.  I have found that time takes care of most
of the get rich quick guys and their scams.  Even some of the big full page
ad guys fade away with time.

>Thanks.
>-Tony Wayne

Mark Brown