Re: Liquidity of the Markets

From: Neal T. Weintraub <thevindicator@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>You can fly to Hong Kong for less than it is costing me to fly to LA for
>Futures West.$395.00 and you can bring a companion for $149.00.

Big time floor trader bitchin about air fare?

>Do you really need real time quotes and new back tested sytems to make a
>living trading?
>NO. NO. NO

Can I fly without an airplane? Yes but the landings are hell!

>And I can prove it . recently I interviewed a full time trader who makes a
>living trading. I am not talking about an existence from his back bedroom.
>have seen all the statements. Three years worth. He does not speak at
>seminars. Want to preview this report?

I'll match his statements against a guy who I know who uses a TS 2.0 with
black box signal to trade 100 lots of SP's from his modest condo. You guys
can bitch and gripe about slow data feeds and systems and on and on.  But I
know this there are many ways to skin a floor broker. One dont play another
mans game, that was drilled to me all my life and its true.  You need to be
an original thinker if your going to make it.  Sure exposure can give you
experience to all types of methods.  The hardest part is finding the mix
that is you.  Then building confidence to be a Trading Tiger, cold and
calculated knowing that what you have works.  You have the fate of your
entire clans existence in hands and you refuse to give way to anything less
than your best.  That takes time, training and loosing money!  Find your own
way but stop and buy a few books and talk to some people along the way.
Reflect on the trip and make note of the highlights that impressed you the
most.  There are many ways to succeed in trading, we are here to share
ideas.  I could trade without software and a data feed.  I would just buy
and hold, but then I'm not a trader I'm an investor at the point.  I have
never seen a floor broker that could trade without a pit.  A tool is a tool,
it doesn't make or break you!  It does either contribute or hinder your
overall performance.  Tools whats wrong with tools? Are we to be purist and
dig the ditches with our bare hands?  Sure I could do it, but why would I?

Mark Brown