Re: Win 98

Patrick Gamble wrote:

> I've upgraded and it is definitely much better than Win95, IMO.
>
> Fat32 saves disc space, many applications are faster and I have
> fewer crashes. I'm using the multiple monitor feature and it works
> fine.

Having suffered with Win95 for far too long, and just about at my wit's
end lately.  Several times a day my main computer was freezing up,
causing me to have to reboot, and often taking 5 min. or longer to get
back up - and having the precise entries and exits necessary in my short
term trading style compromised unacceptably.  After trying numerous
things to try to remedy the problem, without any real success, Win98 has
been a Godsend.  As far as Microsoft rushing it to the market - couldn't
be too soon for me.  Now, I can stay on indefinitely, and only have to
reboot when installations require it.  The only price has been that a
couple of rather insignificant programs do not run properly in 98 - but
my computers are running beautifully all the time now, so I am extremely
happy to escape the infested curse of 95 and move up to something that
works.  There is no question in my mind that 98 is a superior OS, and
would highly recommend users that are still running that infamous piece
of crap Win95 to upgrade as soon as they can.

Regards,
A.J.