Re: What will happen when open outcry pit desappears ?

Neal wrote:

>I luv how everyone blames the floor trader. We provide liquid  market.
>Perhaps the best in the world.

The floor trader is a very small pawn in a very big game.  Don't worry about
the floor trader - his miniscule effect on the market is overblown.  You
cannot trade his way from upstairs and you don't want to.  He is history.
Look beyond him.

then Neal wrote:

>The locals will still exist. I love how you
>techies believe your system that you back tested does not work because of
>the floor.

Neal, please clarify your position:  Are you asserting that there are no
purely mechanical systems, developed based on price history, that
consistently pull money from the market?  If this is your position, I can
quickly dismiss it.  It is simply not factually correct.

then Neal wrote:

>Anyway, would anyone like to see the kind of fundamenatal news we get from
>our clearing firm every morning to help us trade. No it is not backtested
>and it is fundamental and no I am not selling nor can you buy it.

Not backtested you say?  No thank you...  Rule #1 of successful trading:
LOOK AT PRICE ACTION ONLY.  Forget the "news", forget the "fundamentals",
forget what certain market "players" are doing, expose yourself to only one
piece of data:  price.  Don't even allow your ears to hear any other
information.

By the way, you can buy the information you describe.

All the best,

The Omega Man