Re: What will happen when open outcry pit desappears ?

  • To: <tagteam@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: What will happen when open outcry pit desappears ?
  • From: gm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gerald Marisch)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 13:11:11 -0400 (EDT)

Felix:

When you write that "...one floor trader is trying to eke out a living with
computerization - and gave up", I find it hard to understand
with all the Etrade systems, with all the techno-stuff available, with all
the fast accesses to place orders, why would anyone give up the solitude on
a home office for the mayhem of a Chigago pit?

Those is the pit are to  be commended for all that they do that allows
off-floor traders to profit.  But still, if one can't adapt (like your
30-year trader), then improvise or overcome...BUT DO SOMETHING with all
that is "out there".

This is not a criticism of your post, but if you or anyone else has
answers, I'd be most appreciative of hearing them.

Gerald