Re: Trading as a way to financial success (a reply)

Trader J:

I think you have a chip loose in your head. Look, folks...technology is a fine
thing. But when the shit hits the fan, I'll take my trading skills any day of
the week against any ol' system you write, big fella. NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING
replaces trading skills. In fact, I'll even quote Mr. Brown, that notorious
Texas six gunner...well, it will be a paraphrase, actually...he said something
to the effect of...smart traders learn to take the discretionery skills they
have and automate them. I think he has alot of the right of it: There are lots
of things that can now be automated and if you have the discipline to follow
what you automate, you'll take lots of money out of the markets.

But if you think the world of trading is soon going to be one chip trading with
another, and none of us 'traders' will be able to compete, I hope to God you
sell a boatload of your 'big pile of goo' codes...cause you're just gonna make
my account fatter. So write 'em as fast as you can...those of us with trading
skills may be off-floor and we may even have automated some of our techniques.
But we ain't lettin' no stinkin' machine make all our trades for us. And I'll
take that to the bank.

Tim Morge

Oh, and ain't you the guy that claimed here this morning you aren't selling no
more systems? I believe I have gotten two solicitations on-line from someone
that certainly walks like you, talks like you, offering me a set of systems
first for $5 grand and then for $4 grand!! And then today, lo and behold, about
an hour after reading that post about not selling any systems, I got a mailing
from an Iowa boy, offering me the same pile of goo for a measly $1495...if I
rush, that is. Maybe I'll wait and get it for next week's price of $12.99...

Trader J wrote:

> Neal wrote:
>
> >Trading skills will serve you better than software.
>
> Bug, I love you man, but you wrong on this one.
>
> Trading "skills" are headed the way of the dinosaur.  Open outcry is
> history.  Bid/ask spreads are history.  The new breed will achieve success
> by making technology work - by completely automating all interchanges
> between cash and derivatives.  Winners will automate market selection, trade
> selection, risk management, vehicle selection and trade execution.  In fact,
> with the exception of execution, all of this is being done today.  Want to
> know who you're up against?

BIG SNIP!!