Re: Let's get the facts straight

At 07:34 PM 8/1/98 -0700, Neal T. Weintraub wrote:
>FACT: The NFA was not formed in l987 as an attempt to quiet the public about
>the crash.
>The NFA did not officially open begin operations until l982. Yes, five years
>before most people thought.lt was started because of the great burst of
>growth from the financial futures market.

I was there Neil and yes it had rumblings in the early years because the
futures industry wanted a self regulatory branch like the NASD which I'm
also a member. The NFA got little support from most in the industry until
the crash but because it was already in place was adopted immediately
afterwards. The thing is I'm not so sure the crash of 1987 wasn't staged. A
large money group who saw the opportunity existed and took advantage of it.
But you got more facts than me so I will yield but it will never change
what I know. Here's a new one Neil I agree with you....lol, I think its
only a matter of time before what you said will be reality.

"I believe and this is just my opinion that someday the software developers
will have to join.especially if they talk about profits and easy road to
financial freedom. You know we all hate regulation until we get food
posoining. Robbing people of their future with false hoods and misleading
comments is wrong and unethical."

I think the Internet has sped this up with all the vender ads out there and
newbies with computers searching it. I agree case closed.

Robert