Re: Jurik indicators.

At 11:35 AM -0400 7/31/98, BRUDHAUS@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Are there any technical types out there that have had experience with any
>of the Jurik indicators? I am most interested in the JMA (Jurik Moving
>Average) applied as a moving average and also used as a moving average
>base for the MACD, and other indicators. Jurik's website is
>www.jurikres.com which has lots of "information" on it. I just spent $205
>plus shipping for the JMA, and was wondering if a good bottle of scotch
>and a XXX video might have been a better investment.

Jurik's latest version (June 1998) of his AMA is quite an improvement over
the older versions. It creates a smooth curve with less lag than any other
filter I have tried. It also has additional parameters so that you can
optimize the characteristics somewhat to your market, trading off lag and
overshoot. I have tried it in indicators such as MACD and RSI and it
improves them. I suspect you will be happy with it.

(No connection other than being a customer, etc.)

Bob Fulks