RE: TS on New Computer

Cory,

When I got a new Sony VAIO system awhile back, the same message came up. I
had to call Omega Tech. Support and they walked me through changing the BIOS
setting on the parallel port from Automatic to Always On.

I don't know if this had any significant impact on my system's performance.
It probably didn't. It just rubs me the wrong way that the manufacturer
thought it best to set it to automatic (detection of use of the parallel
port, idle otherwise) and now it has to be set to always on because of the
stupid block. There are safe software methods of protecting software at
least as good as these hardware blocks.

Oh well, hope that helps.

Neil