Re: TS on New Computer

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory <ritchie@xxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, July 26, 1998 7:03 AM
Subject: TS on New Computer

Hi,

I just installed TS on my new computer and Aptiva E85. It has AMD K6, 64MB
Ram, etc.

I have the security block on during instllation and it keep on telling me
No Security Block Found.

I have deleted and installed this 3 times already and it keeps on "NO
SECURITY BLOCK FOUND". What could be the problem?  I have windows 98.

Cory

Cory,

First, check your security block for broken or bent pins.  If some are bent,
you may be able to straighten them.

Next, check to be sure your parallel port is working by printing something.
In some cases computers have two parallel ports.  Using your other programs'
printing functions (use something like MS-Word or Excel) to make sure that
you are able to print to "LPT1:".  LPT1: is the port to which you need to
connect your security block.  Once you've located LPT1:, and you're sure
it's working, securely install your block and tighten the screws.

Try to install TradeStation.  Be sure to reboot after the installation
process is complete before you attempt to run TS.

Good Luck!

Trader J