Spread analysis

Neal:

That's actually true about the traders I know on the floor, now that you
mention it. I know guys that only wander onto the floor on the days when they
think
the spread trading is likely to pick or if they see the spreads are staring to
get out of line...I have to admit, I always scratched my head and asked them
why they didn't just concentrate on the directional trades--and of course, they
probably snickered behind my back as they built their spread prosition and
watched me beat my head against the wall trading against the banks in the
currency markets.

Actually, I have done some very successful seasonal spread trading this
year, and when someone says spreads to me, that's what I think of. Do you mean
spreads in that sense? Or spreads in the sense of calendar or crack spreads,
etc?

You are right: Omega products are not spread friendly. I have used CQG and
it's set up for that. I've seen Aspen and I can imagine it would be, as well. I
don't know much about WOW, and I don't know anyone that uses it. Is it good for
real-time quotesas well as EOD?

And I'll always take your spread analysis...

Tim Morge

Neal T. Weintraub wrote:

> most of the floor traders I know..are really Spread Traders. They know
where the Spreads should be trading. The public does not. the public does not
pay much
> attention because their software may be cumbersome. CQG, Aspen, and WOW
seem to offer good spread analysis.