Mirroring Controllers

JMB:

Here's some info on mirroring controllers.  I thought the $700 sounded
high.

In the most recent issue of Computer Shopper, there are at least two
companies that sell the controllers.

Dirt Cheap Drives (800-473-0960) has one for $139 and Dalco
(800-445-5342) has one for $111. (Dalco part number 55145)  The people
at Dalco were especially courteous and helpful.  They are available for
ISA, PCI, SCSI.

I want to reiterate that I have never used these since I prefer to
backup to removeable media.  I have no idea how well they perform,
whether they impose a performance penalty on your computer, require
interrupts or other resources, are compatible with WIN95 or other
software/hardware,etc. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but I would
buy something like this only with an unconditional money-back guarantee.

They do seem to offer convenient protection against hard disk failure,
but that's about it as far as I see.

I hope this helps.

Mike