Re: URL's

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:01:26 -0500, you wrote:

>How do you send somebody a URL through E MAil. Once they receive it they
>can just click on it and will take them to the home site if their connected
>to the Web.
>Thanks,
>Robert

Robert,

Piece of cake!  Here ya go....

The easiest way that I have found to do this... and make sure it works
is as follows....

I open the EXACT page I want someone to see into my web browser, then
do a copy of the "Location" line (Netscape, don't know what they call
it in I-Explorer).   Then just paste the line into your e-mail... it's
that simple!

Here is an example of the Daily Bridge News below...
http://news.bridge.com/NEWS/story150.html , notice that it is a
complete address with the "http" stuff.  That is the best way to do
it, simply because each browser & e-mail program treats the addresses
differently.... This is the "standard"... they will ALL recognize
this!

Don't simply do an address such as www.microsoft.com or microsoft.com
... like that, because it may or may not work on the other end, do it
like this http://www.microsoft.com , and it almost guarantees it WILL
work for your recipient!

Bear in mind, if it's TOO HARD or a HASSLE to get to a web page,
people won't do it!  So remember, the key here is to make sure it
works for the other person involved!

Hope that helps....

JMB
TraderGuy@xxxxxxx