Collected Works Vol. 1

Hi everybody,

I hope the following isn't too long-winded... Sorry about all the arrows
below>>>

I would add a few things: For starters you need to figure what time frame
you can play for the biggest moves. In my experience with the stock market
the big moves take several days or weeks. You need to do the research and
find out what really works. For starters, forget about standard indicators
and systems (like all the stuff that comes with Tradestation). On the other
hand, there are some statistical things that work pretty well. Also there
are a couple patterns that work OK. You can get an edge in the stock
indexes if you look at the VOLUME and price action in the actual stock
market. Other futures don't have anything parallel to this as far as I know.

Forget about the micro-wiggles, stick to the time frame. Daytrading is very
difficult. Naturally, since that's how everyone would love to trade.
Probably your broker will make more money than you do. Remember that you
can afford to be patient and wait for the right situation. Try not to enter
a trade "just in case it might work and you'd hate to miss out!!"

It's really important not to go for the home run. In otherwords don't bet
too big, or you will have trouble giving things as much room as the
backtesting would indicate is needed.

Sorry about the length of this post, but maybe someone can benefit from my
experience. Now that the cat is outa the bag I hope you all won't make it
harder to get my entries ;-)
Best regards
Phil