Re: The future is here

> I don't want to be a poster boy for anything...so I've been fairly quiet
> about the Signal version. But I went into the test thinking...there is no
> way this is going to be fast...I was using a 26.4K land line dial up
> through my ISP and just a regular internet connection...mid-day and this
> version was chugging along just about as fast as my satellite version of
> BMI on TS. I wish I had my T1 available to test it on, or an ISDN line.
>
> As I told Bruce, I am going to try to pair this version of Signal with a
> testing of the wireless modem and see if it is as fast then. I wasn't able
> to try the two together when I had the modem to test, but after reading
> Bruce's post, I want to try em together.
>
> My one question is how often will we lose connections to the internet or
> find we can't get in or our ISP's are down?

There is another question: How much will various internet items on your pc
delay each other, e.g. yesterday I ran

LOL (Lind online)
LOS (squawk box) and
Quote.com (continous data incoming)

at the same time.

I realized that this seems to be "A LOT" for

my machine (PII, 233mhz, 64megs, W95) ???
my modem 28.800 ???
or my ISP ???

Where is the bottleneck

If I now think of getting TONS of symbols to my machine from DBC Im quite
sure that this will be getting real slow........

rgds hans