Re: The future is here

Dennis:

I don't want to be a poster boy for anything...so I've been fairly quiet about
the Signal version. But I went into the test thinking...there is no way this is
going to be fast...I was using a 26.4K land line dial up through my ISP and just
a regular internet connection...mid-day and this version was chugging along just
about as fast as my satellite version of BMI on TS. I wish I had my T1 available
to test it on, or an ISDN line.

As I told Bruce, I am going to try to pair this version of Signal with a testing
of the wireless modem and see if it is as fast then. I wasn't able to try the
two together when I had the modem to test, but after reading Bruce's post, I
want to try em together.

My one question is how often will we lose connections to the internet or find we
can't get in or our ISP's are down? I did speak to Stu Miller and he uses an
internet connection with a different service to trade real-time and he made some
very positive comments. But if I switched to full internet, this would seem to
me to be the weak link and I'd have to be proved wrong by some amount of
flawless service. But then, it was much faster than I thought, so maybe I'll
just plain be underestimating it all the way to implementation.

Tim morge