RE: Y2 K

Message text written by INTERNET:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx

The sensationalism, misinformation and profiteering, surronding the y2k is
bordering on insane, but I guess these people need something to complain
about.

Regards Joel Geier

<

I do consulting work for Y2K compliancy and I can assure you that we have
not attracted nearly enough attention.  Many companies are still unaware of
their liability.

I work mostly for large health insurance companies.  They are already
experiencing problems on a daily basis.

I personally, within the last 2 weeks, had my  credit card declined at a
large and fancy hotel.  Yeap, it expires in 2000 and was read as already
expired.  Not the end of the world, but certainly a pain.

The banks are probably the leaders in Y2K compliance, but my own opinion is
that many medium sized companies will fail.  The large ones can throw
enough money at the problem and the small ones can go back to a manual
system, but the mid-sized ones can't do either.

If anything, I would prefer to be conservative and scream bloody murder now
that to wait until a mass of failures forces me into a different life
style.

Regards,
Paul Weston, CDP, CTA