RE: Re:Y2 K

here is a quote from Award Software Inc http://www.award.com :

About the NSTL test program
Ability to pass NSTL test program 2000.exe is not equivalent to Y2K
compliance. While AwardBIOS source code released after 31 May 1995
complies with all known Y2K issues, it may fail the 2000.exe test,
which accesses system hardware not typically used by real-world
applications. Award Software has modified AwardBIOS source code
to accommodate the requirements of 2000.exe and other applications
that invoke INT1Ah function 04h. AwardBIOS source code issued later
than 18 November 1996 passes the NSTL 2000.exe test program.
<<

According to NSTL my system needs manual reset. It was bought last
summer. Though award has another quote (so I am not so sure what
my MB's manufacturer could do):

How does my AwardBIOS deal with the Year 2000?
Year 2000 compliance deals with the date change-over from 31 December 1999
to 1 January 2000, and with recording and reporting all dates up to 2099.
AwardBIOS compliance with Year 2000 requirements means that it correctly
handles the change-over from 1999 to 2000, and correctly reads and reports
dates beyond Year 2000 from the system real-time clock, including leap year
dates.

AwardBIOS compliance with Year 2000 depends on the release date:

If your AwardBIOS was released before 26 April 1994, you only need to reset
your system clock once:
Turn the system off before midnight on 31 December 1999.
Turn it back on some time after midnight, on 1 January 2000.
Then set the system date correctly in Setup.

If your AwardBIOS was released between 26 April 1994 and 31 May 1995, you
need to obtain an AwardBIOS update, or reset your system clock every day!

If your AwardBIOS was released after 31 May 1995, its calendar automatically
rolls from 1999 to 2000 at midnight. You don't need to do anything, whether
the system is turned on or off at midnight. Just leave the system alone.
Many of the Year 2000 issues currently receiving attention from the media
have causes outside the scope of AwardBIOS source code from Award Software.
Problems may arise in two areas:

The operating system or application software cannot handle Year 2000 dates.

AwardBIOS source code from Award Software has been incorrectly modified by a
system board manufacturer after it was delivered from Award Software
<<

Okay, gone to restart and check release date.... :)