Re: Floor trader Study

Filters on stocks:

It depends on what systems you are trading, but I start
my filter with the NYSE, stocks under $40 over $10,
with a average daily volume of at least 400,000 and
a daily high to low spread of .75 (75 cents) So if we were
trading an oscillator, or a channel your signals would be
pre filtered with the above.

I developed this filter from experience. You need volume
to move prices. Use averages based back over some number
of days, because for range, you don't want to filter stocks
just moving out of a few days congestion.

This allows you to trade a couple 2000 - 4000 share lots on margin
with $75,000 which I would consider minumum account size
for the SP 500 futures or stocks.

Good trading,

David