RE: Y2 K

> With a current furor on Y2k compliance;  almost 99 % of software
> products are not in compliance.  Even Microsoft products ( sold & used  in
5
> continents ) are not accepting dates in the next century. All the major
banks,
> wire houses and Fed. / State govt. are not in compliance.
>
> This a copy and paste of a popular Microsoft product (Excel) which is not
> compliant.
>
> 12/29/99
> 12/30/99
> 12/31/99
> 1/1/00
> 1/2/00
> 1/3/00
> 1/4/00
> 1/5/00

Incorrect, most programs are y2k complient.  In my operations experience
with numerous financial institutions, we have been matching deals with
counter parties that mature many years into the future, for quite some time
now with no ploblems.  My bank would have discovered a problem in 1971 if
they couldn't ammortize a home loan 30 years into the future.

As for Excel, it does not have a problem either, just reformat the display
of the cell, the values are quite correct, try doing a day count between
12/29/99 and 1/5/00.

The sensationalism, misinformation and profiteering, surronding the y2k is
bordering on insane, but I guess these people need something to complain
about.

Regards Joel Geier