Re: Morning Update Forces Y2K Futures Expiration?

In a message dated 98-07-18 17:28:15 EDT, I wrote:

<< Melody Blais of Omega, in her post of 7/17, states that “all contracts
 which have an expiration date after the year 1999 expire after running the
 morning update”. This has not been my experience. >>

I can see now that I should have done more homework before raising this
matter. KCSpread (Kelly) and Tony Haas informed me that the reason Kelly has
'00's Eurodollar data is that he subscribes to FutureSource, and therefore is
not dependent on the TS Server. (I use BMI.)

I loaded 45 future contracts into my portfolio - practically all the major
products -to see which would stick after an update. I found a certain number
of January and February 2000 contracts would remain, but none from March on.
As previously reported, NG0F and G but not H. Same for CL. Also remaining were
BO0F, FC0F, GC0G, HG0F, HO0F & G, JO0F, LC0G, (I would guess LH0G, too), S0F,
and SM0F. So, not much help.

I'd say the TS server is a step ahead of most software with this problem.
Instead of reading 3/00, for example, as 3/1900 it comes in at 3/1990, which I
call a 90% improvement.

Ralph