Re: Is TS 5 next generation or not?

bob wrote:

>I suspect the real reason that the Y2K 4.0 patch will follow the release of
>5.0 is that there will not be a Y2K "patch". <snip>
>What usually happens in such cases is that all 4.0 users will get a
>"crippled" version of 5.0 with certain 5.0 features there but disabled.

You know, Bob, based on Omega's paranoia of piracy issues and system vendor
heat, this makes sense.  They kill three birds with one stone...SafeSoft,
Elabreaker, and Omega's 16 bit product line (including ALL legal and
pirated TS 3.01, 3.5, 4.0, SC, OS, etc).  Unfortunately, for Omega, the
effort that they put into TS 5 security concerns (hardware locks and ELA
protection schemes) will be rewarded a few months later by new versions of
SafeSoft and Elabreaker.

-Tony Haas