Pre World War III Status (was yk2 and the like)

Hi

To summary and end up with this thread:

1) Seems that the solution that I have proposed with the Morning update
unchecking is not so stupide, because it has worked for me, and for three
other users here , including James Mazzula, who really suggested to uncheck
it.

2) We are waiting an official answer from Omega to know if the workaround is
really dangerous or not.
TS users who do not collect realtime data on contracts expiring after year
2000 are not concerned for the moment.
For example, SP contracts , bonds that are traded on the last three months of
the next to exipe contract are not concerned by this topic and have 15 months
of use without any problem.Far before this deadline, TS4 patch and TS5
availability will be past history.

3) James Mazzula reported that he was unable to enter manually any quote time
stamped after 12/31/99. He is right and this is where the true yk2
compatibility problem takes place.
No need to manually enter such data before year 2000.
This means that TS4 is not yk2 compliant and that's all.

4) Mark, still here, has collected 20 or so requests to urge Omega to make the
patch available.
This is  a very low number.
Should have produced here 200 or so names, its still a low number when
comparing to the number of T copies sold.
This makes me think that the core of the problem is not only the yk2 problem,
that is in fact a starter for a different dinner (no, thank you).

5) Seems difficult to let understant to some people that defending a company
for nothing is so incredible. But I'm like this and that's all too.
Should I have to defend Mark Brown if was feeling that it was necessary, I
would be the first one to do it here (this is an example, but I coud take
others names, at the risk to pour some more oil on the fire, unecessary at
this point, I suppose).

6) It's good to live in a country where lawyers still have a common sense of
what the reality is.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com

"Sir, you are telling so much nonsenses,
But I should fight until the rest of my life
To let you continue to tell them"

(Georges Brassens , in "Ceux qui ne pensent pas comme nous",
  adapted from a famous sentence by Voltaire).