Re : Bad initial ticks

Dans un courrier daté du 16/07/98 00:05:22  ,Tim Morge écrit :

<<
 Pierre:

 Thank you for all the suggestions [and I do mean this thanks sincerely].

Yes, I belive you...

<<
 However, I want Omega to spend their dimes to find a solution--even if it is
one
 of these solutions you have come up with. If this is the solution, can't they
 test it and get the word out?  Afterall, they will have to support it...let
them
 propose and test it and support it.

Sounds logical.

Omega could confirm and test what we propose here.
As they monitor this list (this is actually sad for them...), they could
answer beter than me (none of my advice is official or officious in any
manner).

A simple fix could be also to provide a TS4 server version that optionally
allow to NOT declare expired contracts during the morning update.
This will not afect the rest of the morning Update functions, and allow the
data collection of the Yk2.xxx expiring contracts.
And this  leaves 18 month to patch TS4, because the real problem will be after
y2000 to collect all the data.
Before, if we can avoid to declare some symbols as expired, there is no
emergency to patch TS4 until 12/99

Now, as I previously said, I have seen more serious limitations that the y2000
data collection.
When I try something, Id o it on a 2nd version , do some backup before, and
I'm always able to go back to the initial situation.

If you are trading y2000 symbols, and if you think that it's worth the case, I
suppose that it produces some money.
So, if the cost is minor when comparing to 2nd access to the feed and 2nd copy
of TS, why not use this solution , if you do not want to take a risk, and make
your experience on a risk free computer?
Need some money to do this ? Certainly...
Depends on the size of your business and the interset to trade y2000 contracts
for now.
I have switched to a twin realtime TS to avoid any kind of problem, as the
price to pay is very low to get the necessary safe trading environment.
And, believe me or not, I have paid the TS copies that I use.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin.
www.sirtrtade.com