Re: Files not found after system crash

I now have Trade Station able to come up.  Putting device=ssiact in the
system.ini file seems to have done the trick.  (Thanks, IUhrig.)   It
will plot charts.  It will not plot a number of my saved workspaces but
i believe that may be because the data is no longer available.  (Many of
the crosslinked files were 98 data files.)  Fortunately the raw
downloads is the one thing i do have a copy of and, if i can get my
Knight Ridder software working, i think i can regenerate the contract
data, if the raw downloads are not corrupted.

When the TS reinstalled, it said "can't open text file" on many of my
indicators that i either wrote or downloaded.  I fear they are
corrupted.

So far I have not solved the problem with the KR/Bridge downloading
software.  Bridge's tech. support wants me to reinstall those programs
but I have only located one of the 2 disks so far.  In any event, I
still need to locate "cscmd.vbx" and "csinvis.vbx".

Blaine M., I did not do a format before reinstalling windows.  Since I
didn't have good backups of many things it seemed I should try it first
without a format.  Was this an error?  Obviously if i had current
backups I should reformat but I would lose a lot under current
circumstances.  OTOH, I hate to have a barely unscrambled system that
might crash again.

Once I have enough cash to buy it, i intend to get one of the removable
1G backup systems.  I saw one like a zip drive but that could hold 1G on
a $40 disk.