Re: BMI outage again

>>> You know, I never have a position into the SP close unless I have already
>decided I am keeping it overnight. Trading on the close, unless I am taking
>profits, is like running across the track at the Indy 500 to try to pick up a
>dime...So honestly, I don't know how delayed the ticks are for the last 5
>minutes. My phone clerks are usually so frazzled by then, I don't call them
>until checkout...hopefully they've had a beer or three by then... <<<

I always closely examine the SP open and close for clues as to what the
locals intend for the day.  Since I only trade the S&P's, I'm pretty rested
throughout the day. If I think I can get a 100 to 200 pt pop on the open or
close, I'll take the trade.  As I only deal direct with the floor, usually
I'll trade off the squawk and not off the data feed for opens or closes.  I
don't do it everyday, but only when I feel I've got the edge.  I almost
never carry a position overnight.  If I want to reopen a trade, there's
always Globex.  I like the open and close because liquidty is highest
during these times and I seem to get good fills.  Different strokes, I
guess...

-Tony Haas