Re: BIOS and CMOS experts PLEASE !!!

No early warning alert on battery failure that I've seen -- best to keep a
printout of your Bios/CMOS settings in case you need it to recover from a
catastrophe.

The newer BIOS chips that are set up for Win-95 OSR2 Plug & Play will
generally recover all previous settings after a battery change-- assuming
that all the devices it controls are P&P compliant.

If anyone knows the name of software that someone mentioned here earlier
that records and recovers the CMOS settings, please post it.

Someone also mentioned using the MSD program.  It was designed for a DOS
environment-- long before the days of Windows.  It wasn't very good then and
gets terribly confused if asked to perform while Windows is running -- I
wouldn't rely on it for accurate information and Windows will give you a
warning message to that effect.