Re: Larry Williams as a Trader...

Why would you think there is "not any true risk in a trading contest" ???
It was real money and the account was being traded in the real market.
Larry did have a $300,000 draw-down on his way to $1.1 million, so obviously
this occurred after he had bumped the $10K start-up a bit.

That was back in 1987 before the Oct. crash -- I hear he did it again since
then, but don't have the details.  I've watched Larry trade and seen him win
& lose.  My guess is that he probably makes at least as much money in the
Markets as he does in his publishing business...