Re: transfering info...Floating point error....

At 1:46 AM -0700 6/29/98, Mike Lange wrote:

>I've been getting a floating point error when I try to open a workspace
>containing stocks...I do not get this error if I only chart the
>indices...at first I thought if might be setting, or some of my formulas,
>but I pretty much have ruled them out as being the cause...I know a
>floating point error is an mathematical calculation problem but I'm not
>sure why it only occurs on the stocks part of my data and not the indices.

Most likely there is some calculation that depends upon the price data on
the chart. Thus the error only occurs for certain values of the price data.

When using index data, turn off all indicators. They go to one of the
stocks that cause the problem and turn on each indicator one at a time to
see which one is causing the problem. Then look at the code to find the
problem. It could be dividing by a very small number, etc., to get a
floating point overflow. You can add a print statement that prints on each
bar (prints the date and some values.) Most likely, it is a bad price data
point or some initialization problem at CurrentBar = 1.

Bob Fulks