RE: Tick Bars or Minute bars

I use tick bars for two reasons:

1. I look at day and night sessions together (SP8U on BMI). Tick bars on the
sparsely traded night session create patterns that are as useful as the day
session. X-minute bars on the night session are garbage. And you don't have
a ton of space eaten up with x-minutes bars of nothing in the night session.

2. Tick bars give "equal" weight to each bar in the sense that each bar has
the same number of ticks. To me, this is more meaningful than x-minute bars,
one of which might have 10 ticks and another 50 ticks. I consider the price
action more meaningful than a certain number of minutes passing by. Even if
you consider some times important, like Fibonacci times or Gann times, you
can still be looking for those times of day and use tick bars.

Neil