Re: Plugging Vendors and their systems

For you items 1 and 2 ....I will answer 'True'. I am not 14 years of age
anymore (I'm at the other end of that Rainbow)....so I have to quickly move to
any next level.  In my case the 'vendors' got their money....and I got a
lesson.  Some of my purchased 'code' never worked from day one.

In all fairness, I did get a chance to look at their code, made some
modifications and am still using some of it to-day.   They did get me
interested in 'code'.  I now look at any combination of code, sometimes you see
some very interesting routines.

In another post it was mentioned that the vendor's old 'code' is usually posted
and the newer more market tailored is sold.  I question that....one of my
'vendor friends' has been selling the same basic indicators since 1994.....the
core group is identical....only the names are slightly altered.

Maybe some vendors are unknowingly instrumental in getting us to move to a new
area of study?

John