Re: S&P 500 System Update #3

So now the question is - how did Dr.John produce a $170,000 gross profit
with Mastersuite if it is in fact a "charlatan" system.  In other words
perhaps the "right" trader could make money with even the worst of
systems.???  Just food for thought.
RDR

----------
> From: sptradr@xxxxxxxxx
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: S&P 500 System Update #3
> Date: Wednesday, May 13, 1998 7:54 AM

> profitability.Here is the perspective---Last year I put $70,000 in Master
> Suite in April and $240,000 more in Aug-total $310,00.I ended the year
with
> a $170,000 Master Suite profit less $20,000 costs and losses with other
> system teting.
> >
> >This year I was up as much as $160,000 in the first quarter and am
holding
> steady at $35,000 at this point.I hate the pain but I also have 10 years
of
> data whereby recovery from sub-par quarters has been impressive.My other
> trading systems are profitable but not as significant in dollars yet
> because less money is allocated at this time. <<<
>

> Before anyone gets too excited by these results, read below the two
notices
> I pulled off the CFTC website regarding R&W Technical Services, Master
> Suite, and system fraud.  Forewarned is forearmed...
>
> -Tony Haas (not a fan of the CFTC, but the facts speak for themselves)
>

> Release: #0002-97
>
> For Release: December 4, 1997
>
> CFTC ALJ FINDS R&W TECHNICAL SERVICES, LTD., GREGORY M. REAGAN AND
MARSHALL
> L. WORSHAM VIOLATED ANTI-FRAUD, REGISTRATION AND RECORDKEEPING PROVISIONS
OF
> THE COMMODITY EXCHANGE ACT IN CONNECTION WITH SALES OF COMPUTERIZED
TRADING
> SYSTEMS
>
> Judge Issues Cease And Desist Orders, A Permanent Trading Prohibition And
> Imposes Civil Monetary Penalties of $7,125,000
>
> Washington -- In an Initial Decision issued on December 1, 1997,
Commodity
> Futures Trading Commission Administrative Law Judge Bruce C. Levine found
> that R&W Technical Services Ltd. (R&W), a seller of computerized
commodity
> futures trading systems based in Houston, Texas, and its principals
Gregory
> M. Reagan of Sugarland, Texas, and the late Marshall L. Worsham of
Houston,
> Texas, engaged in fraudulent solicitation and false advertising, acted as
> commodity trading advisors (CTAs) without the required registration, and
> failed to produce required books and records to Commission
representatives.
> The ALJ also found that Reagan and Worsham were liable for R&W's
violations
> as controlling persons of the firm and that they willfully aided and
abetted
> R&W's violations. The ALJ ordered R&W and Reagan to cease and desist from
> further violations of the Act and Regulations, permanently prohibited R&W
> and Reagan from trading commodity futures and ordered R&W and Reagan
jointly
> and severally to pay a civil monetary penalty of $7,125,000.
>
> Describing the matter as "a story of high-tech charlatanism," the ALJ
found
> that the respondents' representations that their trading systems had been
> proven by "extensive systematic actual trading," were false, and "at
best,
> the trades occurred in cyberspace, and at worse, were nothing more than
the
> product of respondents' imagination." The ALJ concluded that in making
such
> unsupported trading claims the respondents "defrauded their customers."
The