Re: How to access data scaling #'s

The easiest way I know to deal with this is to write a simple indicator --
like a moving average and add  xx points above and subtract xx points below.
For example:

Input: AvgLen(3), Buffer(50);

Value1 = Average(Close,AvgLen);
Plot1(Value1 + Buffer points, "Up");
Plot2(Value1 - Buffer points, "Dn");

Set the color of the plots to the same as the background.
Hope this helps.
Karl

:Does anyone know how to access the values TradeStation uses to
:display data on the screen when it is automaticly scaled?  I
:am analyizing intra-day data, looking for situations when price
:approaches pre-determined support and resistance levels.
:At times, the levels are above/below the price range displayed
:on the screen, and I get "surprised" when price finally reaches
:them.
:
:The values I am trying to access within my indicator are the
:ones displayed when you go through the following sequence:
:  Format Price Data
:  Scaling
:  User-Defined (see note below)
:    The top and bottom levels shown in the boxes below the
:    words "User-Defined")
:
:Note: yea, I am referring to the scaling levels that T.S.
:calculates when you check the "Screen" box - not the "User-
:Defined" box.  BUT, it displays the automaticly-calculated
:levels under "User-Defined", and lets you edit them if you
:want to over-ride.
:
:I could just use the High/Low of the day +- some margin.  But,
:on some days, the extremes get re-tested later in the day, and
:don't provide the alert that I need.
:
:The built-in function "@PriceScale" sounds like what I'm after
:(at least in name), but is nothing close.  I guess my question
:is simply if I'm missing some functions like "@TopPrRange" /
:"BottomPrRange".
:
:Thanks