Re: MISC: the $250 cookie recipe

A.J.,

> Which brings us to the central point - charges made on one's credit
> card require that they be made in writing, and one must sign as
> proof that they are approved.

Yes, A friend of mine had a similar experience. He was in a
restaurant in Aspen - where he enjoyed an especially bad service.
He even got into an argument with the waitress about it. This is why
he decided not to give any tip. Upon arrival of the credit card slip
he just put the sum of the bill into the total sum box - so that NO
tip could be added.

When he arrived back in London and received his credit card
statement he got a restaurant bill which was DOUBLE the original
amount.

What had happend ? He had filled the total sum into the tip box
instead of the last box on the credit card slip :-) The waitress must
have enjoyed this moment.

Needless to say that he did not receive a refund.

Gerrit