Re: T/Port Card

Terrence:

Folks don't just use a Turbo port card or a t-port card because their systems
don't have a UART 16550 chip, though that is one reason. T-port cards and
TurboExpress cards deal with data flows differently than a common serial port,
whether it's a faster chip, like the UART 16750, or a built-in larger cache for
incoming flows. If you are collecting alot of data from a satellite flow or if
you are doing computing that sometimes interupts the handling of the data stream
as it flows through the serial port of your computer, some kind of higher speed
flow port with a cache helps tremendously.

Tim Morge