Re : Re: omega world

Dans un courrier daté du 05/05/98 14:15:56  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 However when asking the following questions, I got the same general
 response:
 "Will it support Level 2?"
 "Will I be able to run chart scanner intraday without losing data?"
 "Will I be able to make cutom data lists on server data?"

 The response to these (and others):
 "Well, it's still in Beta and even though these features aren't
 in there now, they are being considered"

 To tell you the truth, this scares the heck out of me.  Coming from a
 systems development background, I know that beta is where the final
 testing and shakedown is done NOT where more features are to be
 added!  They're looking at a summer release (remember, in software
 speak, summer lasts until Labor Day).  I'd anticipate a "safe"
 purchase date of spring 98.

This may be true for other companies, but not for Omega Research.
My previous beta experiences (and the current one with TS5 beta) shows that
they add new features from a beta to the next one, and that the final version
(official release) was very different of what was proposed from the first beta
version (closer of the previous official version than the final next one).

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com