Re: T/Port Card

On 05/04/98 13:39:44 you wrote:

>In a message dated 98-05-04 13:26:50 EDT, t04765@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> I want to run the Omega Server 24 hours on a 486 SX networked to a
>>  Pentium 75 which is turned off at night and on during the day.  Since I
>>  dont have a Uart 16550 chip, from what I understand, I need a T/Port
>>  card.  So I called Omega and they gave me the number for Telcor
>>  (manufacturers if the T/Port Card).  Unfortunately, Telcor's phone line
>>  seems to be out of service (508 - 881 1664).
>
>Pat
>
>        Not sure what exactly is happening with Telcor or if they make the
>board, any more.  However they came out with a software addition called T-
>Link, that can be used, and almost makes the board itself unnecessary.
Latest
>contact info I have is below.
>
>                 Pete
>
>Frank Bacon
>T/Link Ltd.
>24 Sun Valley Road
>Warwick, Bermuda  WK02
>441-238-4970
>tlink@xxxxxx
>http://www.tlinkmanager.com
>ftp://tlinkmanager.com/pub

Guys... the thought occurs to me that there is a simpler solution to this
problem. You say that you have a 486 SX which does not have a UART16550
serial port. Perhaps it might be easier to change the controller card to one
which has this capability and then use the TLink software...Just a thought.

             Terrence