Re: Cable protection

Your Cable company should be able to provide a device that will ground your
Cable link in the event of a major power surge.  If you live in a house
where it is possible to drive a iron stake in the ground, the fix is fairly
simple.  If you live in a Condo, it's more difficult, but still possible.
If your Cable company won't help-- do a search for the "Black Box" company
-- I think they're somewhere in New York -- they have devices for this purpose.