Re: Tradestation limitations

On Apr 14,  1:06pm, HBernst963 wrote:
> Subject: Tradestation limitations
> I wonder if there is any way to get around Tradestation's limitation of only
> allowing buy and sells using Data1. I would like to rank Fidelity or Rydex
> Sector funds and trade the top sector. Does anyone know how this can be done,
> if at all, in Tradestation? Thanks.
>
> Howard Bernstein
>-- End of excerpt from HBernst963

I'd suggest writing your system so that it trades data1, but
looks at data(2)...data(n).  It only trades data1 when it is the
strongest, otherwise it goes flat.  Then put each of your funds
in a different window as data1, and the rest as data(2) through
data(n).  The system control center will tell you which windows
have pending orders.  Will take a little bit of work to set this
up, but once it is set up, it should work for you (I think :))

     - Gary

PS: TS programming note - you can access data(n) using n
as a subscript, so just put n in a for loop and iterate
over the various data series.

PPS: if this works, it might be a nifty way to try out
things like using the CSI (Commmodity Selection Index) to
choose the "best" commodity and trade only the best 1, 2, or 3
at a time.