Y2K fuel

Howdy everybody,

The other day I got to thinking about the programs I have containing
valuable data and whether they were Y2K compatible.  I called Parson's
Technology about their home accounting package "Money Counts", expecting
to hear an excuse that "they would be getting it out soon".  To my
surprise the tech told me that their program has been Y2K compatible
since 1992.  How about that a program that only cost me $19.95 has been
Y2K compatible for 6 years--this just shows that some companies are
customer oriented and some are not.  Its obvious that Omega has been
interested in feathering their nest with glowing magazine reviews and
not taking care of their customers.

IMHO TS5.0 and SC5.0 and any other super duper (super costly) upgrade,
32bit or other wise should wait and present customer who spent their
money should be provided with a Y2K patch without delay.  If a small
company in Iowa can fix their Y2K problem in 1992 its obvious that the
problem has been known for several years--why has Omega procrastinated
for so long?  Could the answer be that the profit factor on a free patch
is mighty low?

Now all you defenders of Omega don't flame me at once--I know a cheap
accounting package is much less complex than Omega's products but the
point is these kinds of problems should not be put off till the last
moment.  Why not ease customers minds and do the right thing?

just a few thoughts.

Larry McWhorter