Re: Saving Intraday Data in TS4

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Saving Intraday Data in TS4
  • From: Carroll Slemaker <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:09:07 -0800

First, with respect to Omega's Server API - I purchased this and it is
not, as one might expect, a collection of canned procedures or functions
which you can call to retrieve data from the database.  It is a
specification of DDE "conversations" which can be established to do
this.  Unfortunately, the "spec" looks like a document which was written
for internal use only;  it is grossly incomplete and seems to assume
knowledge of matters and terminology NOT addressed within the spec
itself.

This is a problem which I have been fighting for years (looking for a
way to conveniently archive intraday data in ASCII form).  What I have
devised is the following:  I have created an "archive" page (or
"workspace") containing a small chart for each symbol to be saved.  Each
chart then contains an "indicator" which does nothing but write the
desired data to an ASCII file (a different file name, of course, for
each chart).  I then open this workspace once every three days to save
three-days worth of data.

Carroll Slemaker