Re: Random indicator updates in TS

> This is a question regarding TS 4.0, build 20.
>
> I have 8 different indicators applied to a realtime chart.  When
> first applied to a chart they take quite a long time to process.  In
> realtime, however, with each newly updated bar the calculation of
> all the indicators is pretty much instantaneous.
>
> All indicators are set to NOT update every tick.  So you would
> expect an update only at the end of the bar/start of the next bar.
>
> This is what happens, usually, but once every 20 minutes or so, all
> of the indicators get processed using *all* the data on the chart
> (IOW, I get a durn hourglass that lasts too long).  These random
> updates do not even occur at the end of a bar, they occur in the
> middle of a bar (IOW, on a 5 minute bar, e.g., @ 10:17).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

goto SERVER
TOOLS
OPTIONS

see SAVE TICK DATA EVERY xx MINUTES

I assume you have set it to 20 minutes and then it accesses the HD
and you get the hourglas. BTW I use 5 minutes . therefore the
horuglass period is much shorter - you might try that

> My datafeed is FutureSource.

(or it might be the REAL TIME TICK correction of FS - which i dont
have and cant judge)

> Thanks!  :)
> Chris McMurry

rgds hans

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !