Re: Tom Demark REI

> Then
> he says in his book that he originally used a lookback period for
> the REI at 8 days, then when that didn't work anymore, he switched
> to 5 days.

and when that didnt work anymore he SOLD'm - waaaaaaaaahhhh

> At this point my opinion is that some people can present a sheer
> mass of complexity in the name of wisdom, and this can so influence
> popular opinion so as to elevate that person as an exceptional
> talent.

right, when I read here in others posts that his stuff is about 300
indicators - that tells me all - you will allways find one which
matches - WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

> My only previous experience of DeMark was a superficial
> reading of his "Sequential" Indicator, whose basic idea was that if
> a stock or future closes down thirteen days in a row, then it is
> time to buy it, and vice versa.  (This is a simplification of
> another complex matter).  I wondered what made 13 so special.  Was
> it a mystical number, or was it simply a result of optimizing past
> data, or was it simply that if something closes down between 7 and
> 19 days in a row that one of those times it is bound to close up?
> I talked to a brokerage firm that hypes the Demark indicators,
> especially the sequential, and I was told that the sequential no
> longer works very well,

WHATS NEW ?

> so now they are using the Combo (TD Combo to be exact).

for how long ? I dont mean "since" - but how long in the future??

> There are presuppositions in these indicators that seem either
> purely arbitrary or a result of optimization, as for example the
> requirment in "Sequential Setup" that we compare the current bar to
> the bar 4 bars earlier.  However, what got me interested in the REI
> was the filter that was used to keep the REI indicator from maxing
> out when a strong trend was present.  I thought this one idea might
> have merit and be worth investigation, but the sheer frustration cut
> that short.   I think of Tom Demark as similar to Edison, a man who
> tried a thousand ideas before he found one that worked.  But DeMark
> has not yet reached his thousand.
>
> If anyone else has thoughts on this or would like to collaborate on
> the REI, let's hear from you. If anyone has programmed an REI that
> duplicates the display of the TS Demark Expert, please Email it to
> me so I can stand corrected.
>
> Neal

great post NEAL - just shows us ones agaín the truth behind all that
crap which is SOLD

thanks
rgds hans

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !