Re: DATA: FX cash data

> hans:
>
> I am a professional trader that trades in the cash foreign exchange
> markets.

Tim - Im deeply impressed !

I trade FOREX since 15+ years and have worked as FOREX broker in the
interbank market for 8+ years.

> EOD vendors will indeed sell you Citibank's quotes or
> Morgan's quotes...

EOD vendors (and software developers) will sell you any crap your pay
for - that doesnt mean it makes sense.

> but you are much better off if you can find a
> source of a blended feed. Reuters is my feed of choice,

atleast we agree here

> but there are many others. Sorry, what you say just isn't so...

you dont have to be sorry for that - for me FOREX is a professional
intradday market and not EOD and you cant survive intraday with EOD
data or with one bank's prices - whether someone offers that or not

rgds hans

> Tim Morge
>

> hans esser wrote:
> >
> > In professionell terms their is no way without REUTERS who have the
> > FOREX market and their price contributors banks in firm hands
> >
> > > When selecting a source,
> > > if possible, don't rely on one bank, but rather try to get a
> > > blending, which in the cash market simulates the effect of what
> > > you'd get from the exchanges.
> >
> > Data vendors never offer FOREX data from just one bank but from
> > multi-contributors.
> >
> > rgds hans

~~~~~
....and bear in mind
that high reward does not come without its partner high risk !