Re: Backtesting

From: Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxx>
>> is it based on back-testing or real-time trading?<<

Now that's a topic worth discussing.

What are all the reasons why backtesting and real-time trading may produce
different results.  And just as importantly, which factors controlling this
difference are most important in short, medium and long term trading?

For example, for real short term trading, 10 minute slippage on each trade can
wipe you out, whereas on monthly trading, its considerably less important.
However, long term trading needs to deal with contract expiration.

Anyone want to start a list of factors for short, medium and long term trading?

- Mark Jurik

<----  End Forwarded Message  ---->