Re: Money management and Trading business

Andy and All,
Really, I do not intend to say that it is not possibe and would not infer that
systems aren't workable or possible in markets and trading.

This is my point, I do not doubt that such a system can be profitable. I have
seen and used many systems that are designed and programmend by people who
'can't' trade, in fact have never tried to. They are programmers and admit it.
However, I have yet to see a system that continues to perform over time, when
the condition or "type" of market condition changes. How could this become a
measured statistic? As Tony would say, realtime trading, as Pierre or Bob would
say, backtesting over very long periods. I tend to agree. But within those
testing periods, variations of price ranges, volatilities, congestions and
rampant runs in up and down trends will change how that system performs.

Really what I am saying is there is a balance between the traders own eyes, his
experience and his control of emotions that affords him the most powerful Neural
Net with direct infinite inputs to interface any market, his own brain and
intelect and the system that he is using, if any. If he has programmed that
properly and knows when an indicator or system is in sych with the market
condition or type at hand, he has his discretionary reward increased and over
time, and would possibly be more consistent.

The systems in the financial markets today are contending with one type market,
A Bull. As has been stated, what happens when there is a similar trending market
in the Bear direction? How long into this trend will the Bull systems continue
to attempt profits and succeed? How long into this trend will the observers,
traders and programmers take before the Bear systems are written and
implemented?

What does a person, trader or professional use to determine what system to
write, buy or implement to a given market at a given time? Is it another system?
See U
ATom