Re: Trading Programs & the law]

greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't know whether this code is copyrighted or not - but - before you give opinions about copyright law - I suggest you ought to
> learn a little about it - because a lot of what you said just isn't correct.

I wasn't aware that I gave any opinions about copyright law :-)  However, some sort of basis to establish the existence of copyright
protection is necessary in order for such a discussion to have any relevance - which, in essence, is the only claim that was made
here.

> Moreover - I don't see any particular "good will" in this exchange.  Just a lot of messages containing a lot of code - and a lot
> of people who want a lot of stuff spoon fed them to them (without investing a nickel or 5 minutes worth of time to develop a sound
> basis for trading).

I guess the "good will" part would be covered by the conveyance of this information without any expectations of monetary reward.
Benefiting from this information in no way implies that the user has not invested a great deal of time in this enterprise - I
certainly have - yet, one may still glean ideas which may prove of value from this material, particularly if one presently does not
possess as much programming skill as one would like.  Those naive to think that a page or two of code, regardless of the source, will
magically turn them into a good trader are only deceiving themselves, but this does not mean that we cannot benefit nonetheless from
the work of others in this area.

Regards,
A.J.