Re: Falure to establish communication

  • To: Alex Levitin <alevitin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Falure to establish communication
  • From: greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:49:17 -0800 (PST)

I am far from a computer expert - but I've worked with them (and sometimes
struggled with them) for a long time.  Call me superstitious - but I always
put the most important communications device on my computer on the COM1 port
and IRQ - because that's the one that's most likely to work.  Once you get
to COM3 - you increase your chances of having IRQ conflicts - or having
software where the COM2-COM(pick a number) was an add-on - not part of the
original software.  What are you running on COM1 and COM2?  And have you
checked your COM3 for IRQ conflicts with other devices?

By the way - being permanently confused about things like IRQ conflicts is a
way of life for non-technical computer users like you and me.  Robyn