Re: build 21 symbol universe

> From:          "J. Rodney Grisham" <grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Anyone care to comment on the following extract from the text
> file associated with the new build 21: TS4B21.TXT
>
> > 2) Once the Setup process starts, follow the onscreen prompts.
> >
> > One of the prompts will ask you whether or not you want to overwrite
> > your Symbol Universe. Omega Research strongly recommends that you
> > select YES. The Symbol Universe in Build 21 contains more symbol
> > information and the most up-to-date and accurate data currently
> > available for all the symbols.

CONGRATS to ROD for posting the HOTTEST question in any update of TS

As most old timers on the list know - OMEGA *always* STRONGLY
recommends to UPGRADE - and as those old timers have been fooled
often enough and did it often enough they just have promised
themselves often enough to NOT do anymore belief that crap !!

my question to OMEGA:

> The Symbol Universe in Build 21 contains more symbol  information
> and the most up-to-date and accurate data currently
> available for all the symbols.

to specify in a TEXT file what was added, deleted and/or changed to
everybody can evaluate CORRECTLY for himself whether he will upgrade
or not.

and a little addition as per my personal interest: Have you put
any attention into FOREX symbols or is it still a desaster as it has
been since 2.5 years - atleast for DBC ?

Aswell it might be STRONGLY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to make a
BACKUP of the old SYMBOL UNIVERSE (whats the file name please?) and
keep it at a very very safe place in case the STRONGLY RECOMMENDATION
was a STRONG disssssaappooointment once again.

rgds hans

~~~~~
 Why do brokerage firms pay so well ?
" The price of a soul is expensive ! "